Type of Business Letter with Examples
BUSINESS ENGLISH ASSIGNMENTS 1
1. Arya Pangestu Hermawan (20217997)
2. Gian Novianto (22217534)
3. M. Rizky Tjandra S. (20217997)
4. Maulidi Shabillal (23217500)
Class : 3EB17
Sales Letters
Typical sales letters start off with a very strong statement to capture the interest of the reader. Since the purpose is to get the reader to do something, these letters include strong calls to action, detail the benefit to the reader of taking the action and include information to help the reader to act, such as including a telephone number or website link.
With summer approaching, you must be thinking of how to keep your office cool, so that you and your colleagues can continue to work efficiently. Realizing your needs, we have manufactured room-coolers for different capacities. We have given detailed specifications in the enclosed pamphlet. You would be happy to know that we are giving a guarantee for five years against all manufacturing defects and repair, or replace any part that causes trouble, at our own cost.
At the end of the pamphlet you will find a card, please fill it and mail it and we shall send our technician to inspect your office, examine your requirements, and suggest you about the appropriate location of coolers so that your entire office may maintained at the proper temperature throughout summer.
If you place the order before 30 July, we shall give you a special discount of 5 percent. Our man will transport the coolers to your office and install them whenever you want. And this extra service is totally free.
It is our belief that you would like to avail yourself of this special offer.
Yours sincerely
Jean Lee
General Manager
Order Letters
Order letters are sent by consumers or businesses to a manufacturer, retailer or wholesaler to order goods or services. These letters must contain specific information such as model number, name of the product, the quantity desired and expected price. Payment is sometimes included with the letter.
Manager,
Sales Division
National Paints Co. Ltd.
20, Tongi,Gajipur.
Sub: Order for various paints.
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your quotation and the price list. We are glad to place our first order with you for the following items:
Since the above goods are required immediately as our stock is about to
exhaust very soon. We request you to send the goods through your “Motor”
van as the carriage inward is supposed to be borne by you.
We shall arrange payment within ten (10) days to comply with 5/10, Net 30 terms. Please send all commercial and financial documents along, with goods. We reserve the right to reject the goods if received late.
Yours faithfully,
Mohammed Tareq
Purchase Manager,
Color world
Complaint Letters
The words and tone you choose to use in a letter complaining to a business may be the deciding factor on whether your complaint is satisfied. Be direct but tactful and always use a professional tone if you want the company to listen to you.
56 Disgruntled Street
Somewhere Unhappy
1AM MAD
Customer Service Manager
That Awful Company
Somewhere Awful
UR BAD
June 15, 2016
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing today to complain of the poor service I received from your company on June 12, 2016. I was visited by a representative of That Awful Company, Mr. Madman, at my home on that day.
Mr. Madman was one hour late for his appointment and offered nothing by way of apology when he arrived at noon. Your representative did not remove his muddy shoes upon entering my house, and consequently left a trail of dirt in the hallway. Mr. Madman then proceeded to present a range of products to me that I had specifically told his assistant by telephone I was not interested in. I repeatedly tried to ask your representative about the products that were of interest to me, but he refused to deal with my questions. We ended our meeting after 25 minutes without either of us having accomplished anything.
I am most annoyed that I wasted a morning (and half a day's vacation) waiting for Mr. Madman to show up. My impression of That Awful Company has been tarnished, and I am now concerned about how my existing business is being managed by your firm. Furthermore, Mr. Madman's inability to remove his muddy shoes has meant that I have had to engage the services, and incur the expense, of a professional carpet cleaner.
I trust this is not the way That Awful Company wishes to conduct business with valued customers—I have been with you since the company was founded and have never encountered such treatment before. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss matters further and to learn of how you propose to prevent a similar situation from recurring. I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours faithfully,
V. Angry
Adjustment Letters
An adjustment letter is normally sent in response to a claim or complaint. If the adjustment is in the customer’s favor, begin the letter with that news. If not, keep your tone factual and let the customer know that you understand the complaint.
Marketing Manger
Bexi-Clothes Corner
South Plaza,
Dhaka-1215.
Ref: Your letter dated 5th Feb. 04.
Dear Sir,
We thank you .for your letter of 5th Feb. 04 along with/ sample of cloth for examination.
The report that we have received just today shows that the consignment forwarded to you was the wrong one full of defective clothes. It was a mistake because of our despatch section and we regret this mistake which has caused you both embarrassment and inconvenience. We have already sent the replacement by passenger train. You can be sure of the quality of cloth now sent.
You can, of course, return the clothes to us and debit our account for the loss caused to you. We again regret the inconvenience to you and assure you that such mistakes will be avoided in future.
Yours faithfully
M. Ashraf
Sales Manager
Banagladesh Textile Mills Ltd.
Inquiry Letters
Inquiry letters ask a question or elicit information from the recipient. When composing this type of letter, keep it clear and succinct and list exactly what information you need. Be sure to include your contact information so that it is easy for the reader to respond.
Street address
City, State ZIP code
Phone number
Date
Individual's name
Job title
Name of organization
Street address
City, State ZIP code
Dear Mr./Ms. ________________________________:
I am writing to ask you to consider an addition to your marketing team. Your organization has been in the news as a leader in the industry. I am an innovator of new ideas, an excellent communicator with buyers, and have a demonstrated history of marketing success. I believe I would be a good fit in your organization.
Currently, I market computer products for a major supplier using television, radio and news advertising. I have a reputation for seeing every project through to success.
Enclosed is my resume for your review and consideration. EFTG Industries has a reputation for excellence. I would like to use my talents to market your quality line of technical products. I will call you to further discuss your needs and how I could benefit your company. If you prefer, you may reach me in the evenings at (555) 555-5555.
Thank you for your time. I look forward to meeting you.
Sincerely,
(Your Signature in blue or black ink)
Your typed name
Enclosure
Follow-Up Letters
Follow-up letters are usually sent after some type of initial communication. This could be a sales department thanking a customer for an order, a businessman reviewing the outcome of a meeting or a job seeker inquiring about the status of his application. In many cases, these letters are a combination thank-you note and sales letter.
George Wyatt
XYZ Company
87 Delaware Road
Hatfield, CA 08065
Dear Mr. Wyatt,
I submitted a letter of application and a resume earlier this month for the programmer position advertised in the Times Union. To date, I have not heard from your office. I would like to confirm receipt of my application and reiterate my interest in the job.
I am very interested in working at XYZ Company, and I believe my skills and experience would be an ideal match for this position. In particular, my five years as an award-winning programmer at ABC Company make me a strong fit for this position and company.
Please let me know if you need any further materials from me.
I can be reached at (555) 555-5555 or jdoe@abcd.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your consideration.
Jane Doe
Letters of Recommendation
Prospective employers often ask job applicants for letters of recommendation before they hire them. This type of letter is usually from a previous employer or professor, and it describes the sender’s relationship with and opinion of the job seeker.
To Whom it May Concern:
It is my pleasure to strongly recommend Annie Chiu for a position as a Data Analyst for L&Q International.
I am Robert Cunningham, a Regional Manager at Mountain View Unlimited. I have 15 years of experience working as a statistician and client services specialist and have seen many young professionals come and go. Annie Chiu is one individual I have worked with who uniquely stands out.
During our time together, Annie displayed great talents in technical applications, such as ArcGIS, R coding, Python, and several other data visualization tools. When we first met, I was immediately impressed with Annie and the technical skills she had on day one, but during the time worked together, her understanding of data analysis and the tools of the trade grew far more than that of her peers.
My first experience with Annie’s adaptability came not long after she was hired. Last year, we had one client who sent data in Excel that needed extensive cleanup. At that time, Annie’s experience with Excel was limited, but she worked extra hours to learn how to properly clean up data in Excel through the use of functions. Within the week, the client’ data was properly formatted so that it could be effectively analyzed and visualized. Annie even handled the data visualization with skill and the client had nothing but praise for the end result.
It’s not just her technical skills that impress me, however. Annie was a joy to work with because of her amazingly positive attitude and eagerness to stick tightly to deadlines. Her can-do attitude and team building skills were also necessary and valued not just by myself, but by her peers, who often relied on her to get the job done.
I am absolutely confident that Annie would be a great fit for your L&Q International. Not only will she bring the kind of skills and experiences you’re looking for in an applicant, she will quickly become an asset and help your L&Q International grow in any way she can.
If you need more information or specific examples, please do not hesitate to contact me at 555-123-4567, or by email at rcunningham@Lqbusiness.com. As a recommendation letter likely only provides a snapshot of her talents and achievements, I would be happy to further elaborate on my time working with her.
Sincerely,
Robert Cunningham
Regional Manager
Mountain View Unlimited
Acknowledgment Letters
Acknowledgment letters act as simple receipts. Businesses send them to let others know that they have received a prior communication, but action may or may not have taken place.
Melbourne Walmart Supercenter, Store #1702 7th June, 2013
1000 N. Wickham Rd.
Melbourne, Australia
Phone number: (321) 242-1601
Dear Customer,
I am the managing director of the Walmart Supercenter Store. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the letter you sent us. This is in regards to the complaint you raised regarding one of our products. As a company, we realize how frustrating it has been for you as a result of our product’s defectiveness. This is why, on behalf of the Walmart Supercenter Store, I am taking this opportunity to apologize for all the inconvenience that may have arisen as a result of the malfunction of the TV set that you bought from our company. We deeply regret this unprecedented occurrence and assure you that our focus is on maximum customer satisfaction. The firm takes all the needs of our customers into consideration and aims at fulfilling them.
We agree that the usual high standards of our products were not completely met in this instance, and I would like to apologize for the error made by the company. Thank you for letting us know about the problem. This may have been as a result of our manufacturer’s mistake or malfunction.
The TV set will be replaced. This is possible if you send the TV set back to the firm accompanied by the original bill. In case of any changes with regards to this matter, we will keep you posted. You can call our service center at (478) 758-8695 to have a free pickup of your TV set and the original bill, and we will deliver the replacement right away.
We will also be able to send you a newer model. This new model is advantageous in terms of its new digital features, eco-friendliness, clarity, and superb picture quality. We hope in all sincerity that this will help you feel better about all the inconveniences caused. We will also consider allowing discounts on new purchases you make by issuing you our customer’s loyalty card.
While we understand your frustration, we once again apologize for all the discomfort and dissatisfaction you may have had. To show goodwill, we will ensure that all the products are re-tested thoroughly before they are delivered to the customer. Please accept our sincere apologies for the error that occurred and we assure you that this event will never happen again.
Respectfully yours,
Kendricks, Liam
Store Manager, Melbourne Walmart Supercenter Store
Cover Letters
Cover letters usually accompany a package, report or other merchandise. They are used to describe what is enclosed, why it is being sent and what the recipient should do with it, if there is any action that needs to be taken. These types of letters are generally very short and succinct.
Joseph Q. Applicant
123 Main Street
Anytown, USA 12345
555-212-1234
josephq@email.com
September 1, 2018
Jane Smith
Director, Human Resources
Acme Company
123 Business Rd.
Business City, NY 54321
Dear Ms. Smith,
I am interested in the author's assistant position at Acme Company, as advertised on LinkedIn. I am currently employed as legislative director for Assemblywoman Nora Kiel, Chairperson of the NYS Assembly. I believe that the skills and experiences I have gained at this position make me an ideal candidate for the job of author’s assistant.
As legislative director, I have developed strong writing and editing skills. For example, one of my main duties is to prepare Assemblywoman Nora Kiel’s personal legislation, which deals with issues related to her position as Senior Member of the NYS Assembly Standing Committee.
This duty requires meticulous writing and editing skills, and an ability to convey complex legal ideas clearly. I have prepared dozens of pieces of legislation and received praise for the clarity of my writing.
I have also gained extensive experience in legal and policy research – fields that you state the author’s assistant must be familiar with. My experience in the NYS Assembly has afforded me the opportunity to become familiar with the consolidated and unconsolidated laws of the State of New York. In particular, through my work with Assemblywoman Nora Kiel I have become heavily involved in the current welfare and Medicaid reform movement. I am always eager to learn more about state legislation, reading up on these topics on my own time to become more knowledgeable. I would love to bring this passion for policy and law to your company.
I am confident that my experience in the Legislature and my research and writing skills qualify me for consideration. If you would like, I can provide you with current samples of my work. I have also enclosed my resume. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing my qualifications in more detail.
Sincerely,
Signature
Joseph Q. Applicant
Letters of Resignation
When an employee plans to leave his job, a letter of resignation is usually sent to his immediate manager giving him notice and letting him know when the last day of employment will be. In many cases, the employee also will detail his reason for leaving the company.
Ms. Joyce Michaels
CEO
ABC Company
15 Main St.
Sometown, MA 55555
Dear Joyce,
Please accept this letter as notice of my resignation from my position as staff accountant. My last day of employment will be [date].
I received an offer to serve as senior accountant of a Fortune 500 company, and after careful consideration, I realize that this opportunity is too exciting for me to decline.
It has been a pleasure working with you and your team over the last three years. One of the highlights of my career was collaborating with you to automate ABC Company’s accounting, financial and balance systems and setting up your accounting infrastructure. Your company is poised for continued growth and I wish you much success with your upcoming acquisition of XYZ Company.
I would like to help with the transition of my accounting duties so that systems continue to function smoothly after my departure. I am available to help recruit and train my replacement, and I will make certain that all reporting and records are updated before my last day of work.
Joyce, thank you again for the opportunity to work for ABC Company. I wish you and your staff all the best and I look forward to staying in touch with you. You can email me anytime at jones@somedomain.com or call me at 555-555-5555.
Sincerely,
Roberta Jones
https://work.chron.com/10-types-business-letters-9438.html
http://templatelab.com/sales-letters/
http://www.businesscommunicationarticles.com/order-letter-sample-and-order-confirmation-letter-sample/
https://www.scribendi.com/advice/example_complaint_letter.en.html
http://www.businesscommunicationarticles.com/adjustment-letter-sample-example-template-and-format/
https://www.careeronestop.org/JobSearch/Plan/inquiry-letters-sample.aspx
https://www.thebalancecareers.com/follow-up-letter-sample-2062545
https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/career-development/how-to-write-a-letter-of-recommendation-with-examples
https://answershark.com/writing/business-letters/acknowledgment-letter/acknowledgement-letter-example.html
https://www.thebalancecareers.com/cover-letter-sample-for-a-resume-2060250
https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/resignation-letter-sample
BUSINESS ENGLISH ASSIGNMENTS 1
1. Arya Pangestu Hermawan (20217997)
2. Gian Novianto (22217534)
3. M. Rizky Tjandra S. (20217997)
4. Maulidi Shabillal (23217500)
Class : 3EB17
Sales Letters
Typical sales letters start off with a very strong statement to capture the interest of the reader. Since the purpose is to get the reader to do something, these letters include strong calls to action, detail the benefit to the reader of taking the action and include information to help the reader to act, such as including a telephone number or website link.
Summit Electric Company, Inc.
327 Park Avenue
Houston, TX 45678
204-555-5412
info@summit.com
Dear Sir
info@summit.com
With summer approaching, you must be thinking of how to keep your office cool, so that you and your colleagues can continue to work efficiently. Realizing your needs, we have manufactured room-coolers for different capacities. We have given detailed specifications in the enclosed pamphlet. You would be happy to know that we are giving a guarantee for five years against all manufacturing defects and repair, or replace any part that causes trouble, at our own cost.
At the end of the pamphlet you will find a card, please fill it and mail it and we shall send our technician to inspect your office, examine your requirements, and suggest you about the appropriate location of coolers so that your entire office may maintained at the proper temperature throughout summer.
If you place the order before 30 July, we shall give you a special discount of 5 percent. Our man will transport the coolers to your office and install them whenever you want. And this extra service is totally free.
It is our belief that you would like to avail yourself of this special offer.
Yours sincerely
Jean Lee
General Manager
Order Letters
Order letters are sent by consumers or businesses to a manufacturer, retailer or wholesaler to order goods or services. These letters must contain specific information such as model number, name of the product, the quantity desired and expected price. Payment is sometimes included with the letter.
Color World
15; New Market, Dhaka-1200
1st September 2012
15; New Market, Dhaka-1200
Manager,
Sales Division
National Paints Co. Ltd.
20, Tongi,Gajipur.
Sub: Order for various paints.
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your quotation and the price list. We are glad to place our first order with you for the following items:
| SL. No: | Description | Quantity | Weight | Unit price | Amount (Tk.) |
| 1 | Enamels paint | 25 Tins | 100 1bs | 1000 | 25.000 |
| 2 | Synthetic paint | 20 Tins | 2001bs | 2000 | 40.000 |
| 3 | White paint | 10 Tins | l0 lbs | 500 | 5.000 70,000 |
We shall arrange payment within ten (10) days to comply with 5/10, Net 30 terms. Please send all commercial and financial documents along, with goods. We reserve the right to reject the goods if received late.
Yours faithfully,
Mohammed Tareq
Purchase Manager,
Color world
Complaint Letters
The words and tone you choose to use in a letter complaining to a business may be the deciding factor on whether your complaint is satisfied. Be direct but tactful and always use a professional tone if you want the company to listen to you.
56 Disgruntled Street
Somewhere Unhappy
1AM MAD
Customer Service Manager
That Awful Company
Somewhere Awful
UR BAD
June 15, 2016
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing today to complain of the poor service I received from your company on June 12, 2016. I was visited by a representative of That Awful Company, Mr. Madman, at my home on that day.
Mr. Madman was one hour late for his appointment and offered nothing by way of apology when he arrived at noon. Your representative did not remove his muddy shoes upon entering my house, and consequently left a trail of dirt in the hallway. Mr. Madman then proceeded to present a range of products to me that I had specifically told his assistant by telephone I was not interested in. I repeatedly tried to ask your representative about the products that were of interest to me, but he refused to deal with my questions. We ended our meeting after 25 minutes without either of us having accomplished anything.
I am most annoyed that I wasted a morning (and half a day's vacation) waiting for Mr. Madman to show up. My impression of That Awful Company has been tarnished, and I am now concerned about how my existing business is being managed by your firm. Furthermore, Mr. Madman's inability to remove his muddy shoes has meant that I have had to engage the services, and incur the expense, of a professional carpet cleaner.
I trust this is not the way That Awful Company wishes to conduct business with valued customers—I have been with you since the company was founded and have never encountered such treatment before. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss matters further and to learn of how you propose to prevent a similar situation from recurring. I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours faithfully,
V. Angry
Adjustment Letters
An adjustment letter is normally sent in response to a claim or complaint. If the adjustment is in the customer’s favor, begin the letter with that news. If not, keep your tone factual and let the customer know that you understand the complaint.
Bangladesh Textiles Mills Ltd.
Narayangong, Dhaka
10th Feb. 04
Narayangong, Dhaka
Marketing Manger
Bexi-Clothes Corner
South Plaza,
Dhaka-1215.
Ref: Your letter dated 5th Feb. 04.
Dear Sir,
We thank you .for your letter of 5th Feb. 04 along with/ sample of cloth for examination.
The report that we have received just today shows that the consignment forwarded to you was the wrong one full of defective clothes. It was a mistake because of our despatch section and we regret this mistake which has caused you both embarrassment and inconvenience. We have already sent the replacement by passenger train. You can be sure of the quality of cloth now sent.
You can, of course, return the clothes to us and debit our account for the loss caused to you. We again regret the inconvenience to you and assure you that such mistakes will be avoided in future.
Yours faithfully
M. Ashraf
Sales Manager
Banagladesh Textile Mills Ltd.
Inquiry Letters
Inquiry letters ask a question or elicit information from the recipient. When composing this type of letter, keep it clear and succinct and list exactly what information you need. Be sure to include your contact information so that it is easy for the reader to respond.
Street address
City, State ZIP code
Phone number
Date
Individual's name
Job title
Name of organization
Street address
City, State ZIP code
Dear Mr./Ms. ________________________________:
I am writing to ask you to consider an addition to your marketing team. Your organization has been in the news as a leader in the industry. I am an innovator of new ideas, an excellent communicator with buyers, and have a demonstrated history of marketing success. I believe I would be a good fit in your organization.
Currently, I market computer products for a major supplier using television, radio and news advertising. I have a reputation for seeing every project through to success.
Enclosed is my resume for your review and consideration. EFTG Industries has a reputation for excellence. I would like to use my talents to market your quality line of technical products. I will call you to further discuss your needs and how I could benefit your company. If you prefer, you may reach me in the evenings at (555) 555-5555.
Thank you for your time. I look forward to meeting you.
Sincerely,
(Your Signature in blue or black ink)
Your typed name
Enclosure
Follow-Up Letters
Follow-up letters are usually sent after some type of initial communication. This could be a sales department thanking a customer for an order, a businessman reviewing the outcome of a meeting or a job seeker inquiring about the status of his application. In many cases, these letters are a combination thank-you note and sales letter.
Jane Doe
123 Main Street, Anytown, CA 12345 · 555-555-5555 · jdoe@abcd.com
September 1, 2018
George Wyatt
XYZ Company
87 Delaware Road
Hatfield, CA 08065
Dear Mr. Wyatt,
I submitted a letter of application and a resume earlier this month for the programmer position advertised in the Times Union. To date, I have not heard from your office. I would like to confirm receipt of my application and reiterate my interest in the job.
I am very interested in working at XYZ Company, and I believe my skills and experience would be an ideal match for this position. In particular, my five years as an award-winning programmer at ABC Company make me a strong fit for this position and company.
Please let me know if you need any further materials from me.
I can be reached at (555) 555-5555 or jdoe@abcd.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your consideration.
Jane Doe
Letters of Recommendation
Prospective employers often ask job applicants for letters of recommendation before they hire them. This type of letter is usually from a previous employer or professor, and it describes the sender’s relationship with and opinion of the job seeker.
To Whom it May Concern:
It is my pleasure to strongly recommend Annie Chiu for a position as a Data Analyst for L&Q International.
I am Robert Cunningham, a Regional Manager at Mountain View Unlimited. I have 15 years of experience working as a statistician and client services specialist and have seen many young professionals come and go. Annie Chiu is one individual I have worked with who uniquely stands out.
During our time together, Annie displayed great talents in technical applications, such as ArcGIS, R coding, Python, and several other data visualization tools. When we first met, I was immediately impressed with Annie and the technical skills she had on day one, but during the time worked together, her understanding of data analysis and the tools of the trade grew far more than that of her peers.
My first experience with Annie’s adaptability came not long after she was hired. Last year, we had one client who sent data in Excel that needed extensive cleanup. At that time, Annie’s experience with Excel was limited, but she worked extra hours to learn how to properly clean up data in Excel through the use of functions. Within the week, the client’ data was properly formatted so that it could be effectively analyzed and visualized. Annie even handled the data visualization with skill and the client had nothing but praise for the end result.
It’s not just her technical skills that impress me, however. Annie was a joy to work with because of her amazingly positive attitude and eagerness to stick tightly to deadlines. Her can-do attitude and team building skills were also necessary and valued not just by myself, but by her peers, who often relied on her to get the job done.
I am absolutely confident that Annie would be a great fit for your L&Q International. Not only will she bring the kind of skills and experiences you’re looking for in an applicant, she will quickly become an asset and help your L&Q International grow in any way she can.
If you need more information or specific examples, please do not hesitate to contact me at 555-123-4567, or by email at rcunningham@Lqbusiness.com. As a recommendation letter likely only provides a snapshot of her talents and achievements, I would be happy to further elaborate on my time working with her.
Sincerely,
Robert Cunningham
Regional Manager
Mountain View Unlimited
Acknowledgment Letters
Acknowledgment letters act as simple receipts. Businesses send them to let others know that they have received a prior communication, but action may or may not have taken place.
Melbourne Walmart Supercenter, Store #1702 7th June, 2013
1000 N. Wickham Rd.
Melbourne, Australia
Phone number: (321) 242-1601
Dear Customer,
I am the managing director of the Walmart Supercenter Store. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the letter you sent us. This is in regards to the complaint you raised regarding one of our products. As a company, we realize how frustrating it has been for you as a result of our product’s defectiveness. This is why, on behalf of the Walmart Supercenter Store, I am taking this opportunity to apologize for all the inconvenience that may have arisen as a result of the malfunction of the TV set that you bought from our company. We deeply regret this unprecedented occurrence and assure you that our focus is on maximum customer satisfaction. The firm takes all the needs of our customers into consideration and aims at fulfilling them.
We agree that the usual high standards of our products were not completely met in this instance, and I would like to apologize for the error made by the company. Thank you for letting us know about the problem. This may have been as a result of our manufacturer’s mistake or malfunction.
The TV set will be replaced. This is possible if you send the TV set back to the firm accompanied by the original bill. In case of any changes with regards to this matter, we will keep you posted. You can call our service center at (478) 758-8695 to have a free pickup of your TV set and the original bill, and we will deliver the replacement right away.
We will also be able to send you a newer model. This new model is advantageous in terms of its new digital features, eco-friendliness, clarity, and superb picture quality. We hope in all sincerity that this will help you feel better about all the inconveniences caused. We will also consider allowing discounts on new purchases you make by issuing you our customer’s loyalty card.
While we understand your frustration, we once again apologize for all the discomfort and dissatisfaction you may have had. To show goodwill, we will ensure that all the products are re-tested thoroughly before they are delivered to the customer. Please accept our sincere apologies for the error that occurred and we assure you that this event will never happen again.
Respectfully yours,
Kendricks, Liam
Store Manager, Melbourne Walmart Supercenter Store
Cover Letters
Cover letters usually accompany a package, report or other merchandise. They are used to describe what is enclosed, why it is being sent and what the recipient should do with it, if there is any action that needs to be taken. These types of letters are generally very short and succinct.
Joseph Q. Applicant
123 Main Street
Anytown, USA 12345
555-212-1234
josephq@email.com
September 1, 2018
Jane Smith
Director, Human Resources
Acme Company
123 Business Rd.
Business City, NY 54321
Dear Ms. Smith,
I am interested in the author's assistant position at Acme Company, as advertised on LinkedIn. I am currently employed as legislative director for Assemblywoman Nora Kiel, Chairperson of the NYS Assembly. I believe that the skills and experiences I have gained at this position make me an ideal candidate for the job of author’s assistant.
As legislative director, I have developed strong writing and editing skills. For example, one of my main duties is to prepare Assemblywoman Nora Kiel’s personal legislation, which deals with issues related to her position as Senior Member of the NYS Assembly Standing Committee.
This duty requires meticulous writing and editing skills, and an ability to convey complex legal ideas clearly. I have prepared dozens of pieces of legislation and received praise for the clarity of my writing.
I have also gained extensive experience in legal and policy research – fields that you state the author’s assistant must be familiar with. My experience in the NYS Assembly has afforded me the opportunity to become familiar with the consolidated and unconsolidated laws of the State of New York. In particular, through my work with Assemblywoman Nora Kiel I have become heavily involved in the current welfare and Medicaid reform movement. I am always eager to learn more about state legislation, reading up on these topics on my own time to become more knowledgeable. I would love to bring this passion for policy and law to your company.
I am confident that my experience in the Legislature and my research and writing skills qualify me for consideration. If you would like, I can provide you with current samples of my work. I have also enclosed my resume. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing my qualifications in more detail.
Sincerely,
Signature
Joseph Q. Applicant
Letters of Resignation
When an employee plans to leave his job, a letter of resignation is usually sent to his immediate manager giving him notice and letting him know when the last day of employment will be. In many cases, the employee also will detail his reason for leaving the company.
Roberta Jones
18 Hillside Road | Sometown, MA 55555 | Phone: 555-555-5555 |
jones@somedomain.com
[Date]
Ms. Joyce Michaels
CEO
ABC Company
15 Main St.
Sometown, MA 55555
Dear Joyce,
Please accept this letter as notice of my resignation from my position as staff accountant. My last day of employment will be [date].
I received an offer to serve as senior accountant of a Fortune 500 company, and after careful consideration, I realize that this opportunity is too exciting for me to decline.
It has been a pleasure working with you and your team over the last three years. One of the highlights of my career was collaborating with you to automate ABC Company’s accounting, financial and balance systems and setting up your accounting infrastructure. Your company is poised for continued growth and I wish you much success with your upcoming acquisition of XYZ Company.
I would like to help with the transition of my accounting duties so that systems continue to function smoothly after my departure. I am available to help recruit and train my replacement, and I will make certain that all reporting and records are updated before my last day of work.
Joyce, thank you again for the opportunity to work for ABC Company. I wish you and your staff all the best and I look forward to staying in touch with you. You can email me anytime at jones@somedomain.com or call me at 555-555-5555.
Sincerely,
Roberta Jones
https://work.chron.com/10-types-business-letters-9438.html
http://templatelab.com/sales-letters/
http://www.businesscommunicationarticles.com/order-letter-sample-and-order-confirmation-letter-sample/
https://www.scribendi.com/advice/example_complaint_letter.en.html
http://www.businesscommunicationarticles.com/adjustment-letter-sample-example-template-and-format/
https://www.careeronestop.org/JobSearch/Plan/inquiry-letters-sample.aspx
https://www.thebalancecareers.com/follow-up-letter-sample-2062545
https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/career-development/how-to-write-a-letter-of-recommendation-with-examples
https://answershark.com/writing/business-letters/acknowledgment-letter/acknowledgement-letter-example.html
https://www.thebalancecareers.com/cover-letter-sample-for-a-resume-2060250
https://www.monster.com/career-advice/article/resignation-letter-sample

Komentar
Posting Komentar